Noun Clauses Exercises With Answers – Clause is a group or unit of words contains a subject and a verb in order to be a sentence. If you want to learn more about noun clauses, you can do these noun clauses exercises below:
Noun Clauses Exercises
Choose the best answer of the option a, b, c, or d!
1. The man … we met at the mall yesterday is the owner of the bookstore near your house.
2. My mother met the teacher … is our classmate.
a) Whose daughter
b) Who is daughter
c) The daughter of us
d) Her daughter
3. This is the house … he showed me his new collection of cars.
4. … is a break from your job and have a holiday for a while.
a) You need
b) What you need
c) Whether you need
d) Why you need
5. It is already known … water and solar energy are alternative energy source.
d) In case
6. Rina said to Johan, “Did you finish your assignment?”
Rina asked Johan …
a) If he had finished his assignment
b) If he finished his assignment
c) Whether he has finish his assignment
d) Whether he finished his assignment
7. Mr. Linton asked his wife “who called me just now?”
It means that …
a) Mr. Linton wants to know who calls him
b) Mr. Linton wanted to know who called him
c) Mr. Linton wanted to know who had called him
d) Mr. Linton wants to know who called him
8. No one is admitted in the university … she or he passes the entry test.
9. “Do you buy this book from my friend?” asked Jenny. Jenny wanted to know whether I … tht book from her friend.
a) Will buy
b) Has bought
10. The insect … stung my sister’s hand two days ago.
a) A big bee with black body colour
b) Which is a big bee with black body colour
c) A big bee which with black body colour
d) It is a big bee with black body colour
11. My father wanted to know …
a) Whether I have applied for the scholarship
b) Whether I applied for the scholarship
c) If I applied for the scholarship
d) If I had applied for the scholarship
12. … is unforgettable.
a) What we did in our last holiday in Bali
b) What did we do in our last holiday in Bali
c) What we do in our last holiday in Bali
d) What do we do in our last holiday in Bali
13. It will be possible …
a) That she will be able to make our situation get worse
b) That will she be able to make our situation get worse
c) Whether she will be able to make our situation get worse
d) Whether she would be able to make our situation get worse
14. Dinda always talks about her life experiences with …
a) Will whoever listen to her
b) Whoever will listen to her
c) Whomever will listen to her
d) Will whomever listen to her
15. My little brother always wonders …
a) Which his teacher also worked in Lampung University as a lecturer
b) Which does his teacher also work in Lampung University as a lecturer
c) If his teacher also works in Lampung University as a lecturer
d) If does his teacher also work in Lampung University as a lecturer
16. My aunt asked me …
a) Who Rikkard Ambrose was
b) Who Rikkard Ambrose is
c) Who is Rikkard Ambrose
d) Who was Rikkard Ambrose
17. She does not know …
a) To make a cake
b) Which to make a cake
c) What makes a cake
d) How to make a cake
18. … is awesome.
a) That can the girl play a guitar
b) That a girl can play a guitar
c) Which the girl could play a guitar
d) Which could the girl play a guitar
19. Sunday is the day … everybody has a day off.
20. The movie … we were watching was very good.
That was the noun clauses exercises. So, did you get a perfect score? If you do, then congratulations! But if you don’t, then don’t worry about it. You’re still learning this subject aren’t you?